PTO Meeting Notes 09/04/18

Mohave PTO Meeting Minutes: September 4th 2018

Call to order: 4PM

Attendance: Kate Gookin, Scott Skowronek, Danita Shumard, Mini Maestas, Abby Wilson, Bert TeVelde, Nikki Territo, Toni Macy, Beth Formanek, Anne Milligan, Rhea Kowitz

Teacher Updates

  • Mr. TeVelde - Proposed idea: October Sky – movie about science fair; Mohave is having a science fair coming up; thinking of showing at a movie night; educational movie; good for college and career readiness; rated PG; proposed ‘getting Dutch Bro, with our Dutch Bro; Scott said to show movies, you have to get a movie license for any movie not in the public domain; Mr. TeVelde will have ‘science class’

  • Ms. Formanek, Student Council:

  • Did a drive for Navajo, plus raised $150; she will buy 6 Amazon gift cards;

  • Going to do a pennies for patients; 9/17-10/5 to support Leukemia society

  • October 26 is the first dance; will need 15 parents; also having dodge ball tournament

  • 8th graders came up with T-shirt design; Ms. Formanek will get PTO the amount to pay for half of the shirts

Bylaws

  • These are going to be looked at; are going to make more sense for our school; looking for a committee; Rhea Kowitz will be interested in helping Kate, Patty, and Molly.

Talent Show/Silent Auction

  • Date – December 6, worked out with choir teacher; she will need help with auditions

  • Kate printed letters; approval was received to purchase envelopes and stamps to get letters out for donations;

  • Lisa said she’ll help; also said Lily Garcia (volunteer) will help; Danita Shumard will help with checkout; Mini said she will be on the auction committee; Mini Maestas will reach out for volunteers; Scott will contact hot dogs and cookies vendor

  • Kate reserved gym and cafeteria; committee will make the decisions on how to organize

  • Shuggs coffee is also going to be asked

Teacher wish lists

  • These came in; Kate will be making the purchases this week; Nikki Territo suggested reaching out to the parents for supplies instead of PTO purchasing; Kate will reach out to see if there are any other needs

Schoolkidz

  • Kate proposed bringing this to Mohave; costs PTO nothing to try; PTO can earn 10% if we sign a contract; www.schoolkidz.com

Box tops

  • Received $12 from electronic coupons; sent shipment off last week; adds $105 to Box top account

Skateland – 9/25

  • Kate reached out to them about the contract; used to be 100% back to school and free skates, but that no longer exists; new contract is $3.50 skates and a tiered scale ($3/$4/$5 back); also booked for March; they are getting flyers ready and Kate will hand out and get StuGo to make signs

Dine-Outs – Scott S

  • Papa John’s - Raised $150, PJ doubled to $300; Papa John’s will send a check directly

  • Kona Ice – baseball/volleyball games possibly; will give back 20%

  • Movie night – Spiderman - looking at Monday, 12/17; want to start before 6:00; 126 seats/$4 per ticket; Scottsdale and Shea

  • Chipotle night – 9/18; Pavilions location

  • CPK – 10/18; Gold Dust/Scottsdale Rd

  • Papa John’s – 11/30

Misc

  • The school’s main Ice Machine is dying; Kate is getting prices and looking into if it can be a capital expense of if PTO will help replace.

  • One of the Soda Machines in teacher lounge they want to sell; PTO was given the task of getting rid of it; Mini will be responsible for selling on Offer Up

  • Bank account transfers were made

  • PTO Insurance – district had a problem with; Mini is working on it

  • Office Front Door Tinting – Billy Aiton sponsored this

  • Mohave PTO packets – problem – only 13 were returned

Dates needed

  • Family Fun Night, 6/7th grade fun day, 8th grade outing, Scholarship celebration

Health Screening – Postponed

Fine Arts Booster Program

  • Toni Macy was talking with the band, orchestra, choir on the Disney trip; there is a need in the classrooms (repairing instruments), etc; she is part of the PTO and the Booster at Saguaro; she is willing to start a Booster Club for Fine Arts; looking for a committee

Next meeting: Monday, October 1 @ 4pm in the Media Center; question was asked could the meetings be held later.

Meeting was adjourned at 5:20


Featured Posts
Posts Are Coming Soon
Stay tuned...
Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square