February 8, 2020

December 12, 2019

September 30, 2019

September 28, 2018

Please reload

Recent Posts

I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!

Please reload

Featured Posts

PTO Meeting Notes 8/12/19

August 14, 2019

August 12, 2019 @ 4 pm General Meeting

Those in attendance: Kate Gookin, Mini Maestas, Noelle Fox, Danita Shumard, Cayce Peterson, Pamela Ornstein, Rhea Kowitz, Anne Wurth, Scott Skowronek

  1. Call to Order

  2. Motion to Approve Minutes

  3. Introductions: All members

    1. Discussed rolls of the President (catch all, facilitator, face of the PTO, communicates with the Principal) and Vice President (filling in, 8th grade dance, events)

  4. Items:

    1. Kate said she discussed with Mr. A the topic of reimbursements

    2. Kate discussed needs help checking to email inboxes (ptomohave@gmail.com and info@mohavepto.org); Pamela said she’d help go through them

    3. Discussed the need for a budget meeting; also assigning a $ value to teachers for reimbursements

    4. Talked about box tops going digital

    5. Amazon smile – need to do another push; also need to create a flyer to tell everyone how to switch from former schools

    6. Mini proposed needing an event person; suggested vice president does that

    7. Need graphic design volunteer; Rhea to add to email blast

    8. Discussion of Curriculum Night – signup sheets (Danita will do), clip boards, pens;  donation envelopes will go in teachers boxes; Kate and Mini will do an announcement regarding all of this; voted and approved spending $235 on envelope printing

    9. Do a raffle for those who turn in envelopes?

    10. Potential Executive Meeting Last Thursday of every month at 5:30 pm – decided to table this until the next meeting

    11. Events to engage new families (school mixers) – Scott will look into locations; Cayce and Scott will plan; looking at 9/2019

    12. Scott discussed Dine nights: Sonic – 8/28, 5-8pm; Chipotle 9/17/19 4:00 pm to 8:00 p.m. 9010 E. Talking Stick Way, Scottsdale, Arizona 85250 (Peach Jar, website, Facebook, Instagram).

    13. Scott discussed the next movie night for 12/20; all were in favor; going to try to tie in Mod Pizza

    14. Swag – all were in favor; Arvizu/”hi-jinx” was suggested

    15. SPC and Site Council reps discussed – nothing confirmed

    16. Coffee with Chris (coffee and donuts) Funding and Management – Rhea suggested we put it out to the parents to volunteer to bring donuts monthly

    17. GYM AMP – Rhea to donate

    18. Gym/Nurse Dryer – need – Cayce to put on Next Door

    19. PTO Meeting August 26, 2019 at 4 pm

    20. PAWS Process – need more info on the teacher prizes (1/week? Every week?); Danita to talk to Ms. Tindall

    21. Teacher gifting for surgeries/get well/bereavement, etc. – approved $50 for these occasions

    22. Talked briefly about wanting to have an indoor movie night or bingo night, etc

    23. Music Ed Convention reimbursement – approved

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Follow Us

I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!

Please reload

Search By Tags
Please reload

Archive
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square